The Body Shop is my go to brand for all my skin and makeup needs, there are so many skincare ranges to choose from and each has a set of dedicated ingredients and fragrance. Also the fact that all their products are completely natural and cruelty free makes them my absolute favourite. They have recently launched a range of some vibrant matte lip liquids. The names of these lip liquids are a combination of city and flower names, which is quite a unique concept. Here we are reviewing the “Tahiti Hibiscus” shade –
These lip liquids are priced at 695 rupees for 8ml. There are 12 brilliant shades to choose from, As per the brand these lip liquids are formulated to glide on effortlessly like a gloss and set with rich creamy colour and velvety touch of a matte lipstick.
- completely natural and cruelty free.
- affordable pricing as compared to other high end brands.
- doesn’t dry out and feels very light on the lips.
- easy to apply and a very small amount is needed per use.
- doesn’t smudge or leave stains.
- the matte finish cannot be compared to the ones provided by brands like MAC / Inglot
- doesn’t last very longer, especially during meals.
- though the shade appears to be oxblood- red from the bottle, it gives a pinkish-red colour on the lips.
- no conspicuous fragrance, though the information provided by the brand says they have a fruity fragrance.
Overall Rating- 8 on 10
If you are looking for a nourishing matte lipstick in red shade, Tahiti Hibiscus does the job perfectly. Highly recommended for everyday use as non-organic lipsticks do have long term side effects, not recommended to those looking for a perfect matte finish.